Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Late night blogging #3

Well it's not that late, but this is just another random post. So I'm totally listening to a symphony video right now..


The film score for this movie is so pretty!


Admit it, you guys agree. At 3:38 is the best part! Makes me want to get a new A-string even more... not like it's gonna make me sound like the violins in this video though, especially at 1:06.

Man, that John Williams is one talented dude. However I know someone who is beyond greater than anyone and above all. Yes, Yahweh himself, who I just want to praise for totally humbling me on Monday night. Even though school has gotten quite serious with all the work and challenges given to me, a few minutes after I started to somewhat cry... and I usually don't cry, I was able to find comfort in my heavenly Father, through His Word.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing... Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust.
- James 1:2-4,12-15

What would giving up and not trying anymore get me? I would just be relying on myself to get through trials, basically having faith in myself... which is totally useless, because I haven't done anything. Unlike Christ, He has done something. Through His death and resurrection, God's elect has been saved from God's wrath. Just as the apostle Paul writes in his lovely letter to the church in Ephesus, " For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God..." (Ephesians 2:8) and this is why I don't have faith in myself, but in Christ, and this is why through trials, I have joy because the situation where I am at now, I can use it to give glory to God. You see, I wanted to give up and quit for my own selfish wants; although I wouldn't be bearing the image of God. Christ who was the exact replica of the image of God, didn't quit on anything, the only thing He gave up was His life, for His body (or the universal church)! What a gracious Lord we have! And I just praise Him for reminding me of all of this and for allowing me to strengthen my faith by bringing such a trial (nothing serious) into my life. So, I ask for prayers with school not only for me, but for everyone else in school. Finals are coming up, and winter break is almost here! Also if anyone has any prayer requests, let me know! I'll gladly pray for you.

Wowww... I don't know how I went from Jurassic Park to prayer requests... haha okay, well whatever. Goodnight!

1 comment:

a brother in Christ said...

Amen.

And I have a prayer request.. or a few actually.

I just came home from work feeling cornered from what God has given me. He has provided many of my prayers, but now I don't know how to sustain all of them together so pray that God may give me wisdom.. both spiritual and non spiritual (or just plain intelligence) and guidance on the decisions in and out of work.

I pray for the courage I need to have a serious conversation with my boss who I am pretty scared of (i'm ashamed lol).

I pray for school and more wisdom from God to figure all of that out.

I pray that through all of the trials God has given me to mold me into the image of Christ, that I may submit to His will and not complain about it. Pray that God may grant me repentance from that wretched sin.

And I pray that God may give me mercy through all of this. He gave me a job, a chance to go to school, people to keep me accountable and responsibilities I need to uphold and especially for the godly men and women he has placed in my life to encourage and edify me; and I pray that I may be content and live in thanksgiving, not just for these provisions, but for Christ as well.

For by His doing, the greatest gift God gave to the saints was Christ and the greatest gift Christ gave to the Church (universal!) is His righteousness, and knowing that the only gift I can give is my sin, should humble me to the lowest point and yet he chose me. A foolish complaining sinner.

Thanks a lot. I am greatly encouraged by you and what you write so may God sustain you and give you perseverance as well as mine.

I will also keep you in my prayers.